There are very few electrical outlets in our flat, so we have to get creative with how and where we plug things in. In fact, there are no outlets in or even near our bathroom, so Karen plugs her hair dryer into the same power strip that I have my computer on. Mind you, the strip’s not overloaded, but after the second logic board burnout in six months for my iMac G5, I became convinced that somehow the hair dryer was zapping my computer slowly over time.
This morning, after neurotically forcing Karen to stop drying her hair after about twenty seconds, I decided to see if anyone else has had this problem with logic boards and, more importantly, hair dryers.
First link I found. Um, I don’t think it’s the hair dryer. . . I mean, if I ever get more than 100 comments on my blog, I’m definitely quitting my day job.