In response to my recent quandary, enter our drummer Jazzy Jeff, who enumerated the band’s next steps thusly:
- get a bass player to round out the sound of the group, and maybe a guitarist
- develop more material while we continue to tighten current stuff up
- work towards putting on an â€œevening with Gordon Wright Band and Friendsâ€ at Old Town School
- get re-booked at Schubas as headliner
- play out a bunch, adding in additional originals/covers to fill out the night
- Find a corporate sponsor to put us on the road from Chicago to Boston/Chicago to Denver…woo hoo!
- Crash SXSW and demand a showcase!
- Go Bowling
- Quit music and pretend that I am a normal adjusted individual… quickly leading to a â€œWho am I God!!!â€ moment.
I think he pretty much pegged it. A-Is-For-Aric (the band’s inimitable keyboardist) particularly endorsed SXSW and bowling.